New Program Guide is WORSE THAN TERRIBLE
gtsfer
Enthusiast - Level 2

The new program guide is TERRIBLE and it's kind of unbelieveable that Verizon would deploy in this state. 

The guide colors are now like baby blue and white.   The color scheme is awful on the eyes, the font has changed and just looks crappy and as a result there is less info on the screen.

The guide is now soooo sloooow don't even bother.   It is also as deplorable as the color scheme.

This is an obviously untested rollout.   U N T E S T E D.   

This is really sad as software goes.   Time to switch providers maybe if this issue doesn't just dissapear in 48 hours.

Labels (1)
Re: New Program Guide is WORSE THAN TERRIBLE
gora
Enthusiast - Level 2

I AGREE WHOLE-HEARTEDLY.

Not only that, as a frequent channel changer I find that my beautiful pioneer elite is now useless because every time a channel changed the bottom 30% of the screen is blocked by all kinds of unwanted information.

Small font characters in light colors on light colored background? Can't see anything. It is absolutely annoying.

Whose brainchild is it to fix some that is NOT broken?  It was actually, simple and perfect.  But, some hotshot decided to fix it. Whoever you are, you certainly fixed it. 

Beacuase, I will start by canceling HBO and and showtime and then I am going to check Comcast, Direct TV and Dish network to see if their gudes are any better. If they do, I will move to whoever is better.

I am now very very seriously thinking about CANCELING  FIOS TV, because the new changes to the guide have completely degraded  the FIOS TV experience and watching anything even on my Pioneer Elite useless.

Their Marketing Deoartment will be informed my reasons for quitting FIOS.

0 Likes
gtsfer
Enthusiast - Level 2

Plus just as bad... the "info" screens. 

What's with "TUNE TO PROGRAM" instead of "WATCH"?    "WATCH" seemed fine to me, why CHANGE it?   I guess using "Watch" and "Watch in HD" would have made far too much sense.

Ha Ha ha, guess what?   The fools are CHANGING it right now.

0 Likes
HATENEWSTUFF
Enthusiast - Level 1

YOUR NEW GUIDE IS EVEN HARDER TO NAVAGATE THEN YOUR OLD ONE. BOTTOM OF T. V. IS HALF COVERED. JUST GIVE US A CH. # ON A THIN LINE AND REMOVE IT IN 2 SEC.

mnnnj1

I totally agree, The new program guide is very hard to read, and the response time is rediculously slow,

The colors are nauseating and the guide is at least 30% smaller due to the extra information on either side.

You still can't do a day/date search without having to scan throught many days worth of guides.

May I please have the old format back until your IT department learns how to make changes that really help the viewer.

0 Likes
javamarket
Enthusiast - Level 1

Of course I started my own thread before reading this one.  Please feel free to contribute there as well.  Frankly this thread is much more kind to Verizon than I was.

0 Likes
miaquinto
Enthusiast - Level 2

Are they bored? Do they have people sitting around with time on their hands? Is that why they come up with these ridiculous changes??

Who looked at this Guide and said... "Yes! That's it. Customers will love this. It's easier to read. Better to navigate. Way to go!"????? They should be fired...

gtsfer
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since they haven't bother to fix this yet... and just btw.   This is "breach of contract" to fail to provide services as established.

{word filter avoidance}    that  that think thi is ok.

D u m p in i g    verizon.   losers

0 Likes
pjam15
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree. Totaly sucks! Wasn't broken no need to fix.  Time to explore other cable options!

LadyNurse
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was watching TV in the middle of the night when this "CHANGE" actually took place. I couldn't believe what I saw....or COULDN'T see would say it better. I thought it was a mistake but it didn't go away. I immediately called VERIZON and asked WHY anyone in their right mind would do such a thing. I told the customer service rep my opinion of the "NEW & IMPROVED" Program Guide but as usual when talking to VERIZON that means next to nothing. Even on my large flat screen the program guide is SOOOOOO difficult to see and/or read. And really !!!...white on powder blue???? Does anyone at VERIZON know anything about design or use of color? The "old" program guide was just perfect. And I must agree with others that there must have been someone at VERIZON who had a lot of idle time on their hands that brought about this very ill-informed change. Oh...and yes, it does take forever to scroll down through the listings and then you can't read the information anyway. GET RID OF THIS CATASTROPHE AND RETURN TO THE PREVIOUS PROGRAM GUIDE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE BEFORE I GO BLIND TRYING TO SEE THE THING WHILE TRYING TO FIND A PROGRAM TO WATCH. And while you're at it get rid of all of the junk that surrounds the guide and takes up space. And one last thing VERIZON...replace the channel logo's next to the channel numbers the way they were before you screwed this up. UNBELIEVABLE !!!!!!...or not, after all it is VERIZON and they just don't seem to listen to good advice from the consumers.