PS3 cannot connect to PS network via Actiontec Router
jproz

I am so frustrated and have been scouring the internet for ideas.  We have a PS3 connected wirelessly via a new Actiontec router.  Went through major frustration setting it up 2 months ago.  Finally got it working by giving the PS3 a static IP address and opening the DMZ on the router.  A few weeks ago, the problems started again.  The PS3 is connecting to the internet, but will not connect to the PS Network, which means no Netlix or Hulu.  This is the same problem we were having before and I can't figure out what changed that it is no longer working.  Of course Sony says it is a problem with the router, but they say there isn't anything wrong or anything they can do.  Any ideas out there?!  Help would be greatly appreciated!  My head is getting sore from banging it against this brick wall!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: PS3 cannot connect to PS network via Actiontec Router
Hubrisnxs
Legend

I had this same problem this weekend, and I did all my normal troubleshooting.  I have no idea why, but the only thing that fixed me, was factory resetting my router. 

fortunately I use simpleportforwarding tool (auto port forward) and it saved all my port forwards, so once I factory reset it, I just let the tool reapply my port forwards.  

if you go that route, and you factory reset, be sure to enable UPNP and you should be fine. 

0 Likes
jproz

If I just reset my router, I assume that I will need to go in and open the DMZ again?  I've never used a program for port forwarding, and to be honest, never needed to use port forwarding at all.  I looked up simpleportforwarding and see that it is a free program that you download.  Is this necessary/makes life much simpler?  I take it that you use the paid version so that you can save your settings?

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

I did pay the 12 dollars, but I think the program remembers with the free one.  If you didn't ever have to do port forwarding in the past, then you likely won't have to do it again.  I couldn't get modern warfare to play properly without it.  But your situation might be different. 

If you had it in the DMZ, then that is a work around to doing port forwarding, so that will still work for you as it did before, and if you reset it properly, then yes you will have to put the ps3 back in the dmz. 

just keep in mind if you changed your WiFI SSID or Password, it will reset to the default, and the default is found on your sticker that is on your router.    

0 Likes