Please Fix Skip Function
bushleaguer
Enthusiast - Level 3

Received the 1.9 firmware a few weeks ago, and while overall I like the upgrade the skip feature is not working properly. Basically what happens is that if I press the skip forward button (regardless of what I have the skip duration set to) it will go to the end of the program and the menu will appear (Play From Start / Program Information / Delete). This doesn't happen on every channel that I record but most of them.

From what I can tell from playing around with the feature, I think it has to do with commercials. When I fast-forward straight through a program with the progress bar up on the screen I will notice that during a commercial break the progress bar will reset itself back to 00:00. This is the only thing I can see that is messing things up.

Just wanted to give a heads- up for the Verizon team that will be working on future bug fixes. I miss the skip feature!!

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Please Fix Skip Function
SteveInFairfax
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sounds like an issue just on your box. Mine works just fine after the upgrade, and in fact seems to handle three or four clicks of 30 seconds faster to go around 2 minutes of commercials. Might want to reboot your DVR box, and it if is happening on remote boxes, reboot (unplug) your router for 20 seconds as well.  Just a suggestion but a reboot fixes many issues.

0 Likes
nascar
Master - Level 1
This is not an issue on your box only.  Don't panic.  It is a known issue.  The IMG team is aware and hoping the next release early next year has the fix.  You are dead on in regards to what you are seeing with commercials and those commercials are the locally targeted/inserted commercials for your area. 

bushleaguer wrote:

Received the 1.9 firmware a few weeks ago, and while overall I like the upgrade the skip feature is not working properly. Basically what happens is that if I press the skip forward button (regardless of what I have the skip duration set to) it will go to the end of the program and the menu will appear (Play From Start / Program Information / Delete). This doesn't happen on every channel that I record but most of them.

From what I can tell from playing around with the feature, I think it has to do with commercials. When I fast-forward straight through a program with the progress bar up on the screen I will notice that during a commercial break the progress bar will reset itself back to 00:00. This is the only thing I can see that is messing things up.

Just wanted to give a heads- up for the Verizon team that will be working on future bug fixes. I miss the skip feature!!

Thanks.

0 Likes
Rud56789
I'm having the same problem on 2 dvrs since the software update which is only a few weeks old for me. Very frustrating.
0 Likes