Port Forwarding
ScottDog

I've got the new 890L Jetpack, and I'm trying to forward port 3389 so I can log into my machine from the Internet.  I've got the port forward rule defined on the router but it does not seem to be forwarding.  I know the port is open because I can log into the machine locally (from another machine), and my firewall is turned off.

Unfortunately, this router doesn't show it's external ip address, so I am relying on various web sites and no-ip.com to report my external ip address.  

I first tried testing this by logging into computer 'A' which is not using the Jetpack (or Verizon) for access to the Internet.  After successfully logging into this computer, I then tried to log into computer 'B' which uses the Verizon Jetpack to access the Internet from computer 'A'.  This failed.  I then went to a portscanning web site to test for this port to be open on computer 'B', and it shows it as closed.  I can login to computer  'B' from another computer on the same network as machine 'B', so I know the port is open.

Something is blocking this port, or the port is not being forwarded, or I've got the wrong external IP address.  I know nothing is blocking this port from inside the network (because it works), my firewall is not blocking the port from outside the network (firewall is off), and I'm presuming my external IP address reported to me by various web sites is correct.  That leaves only one possibility -- the port is not being forwarded properly.

Anyone else using port forwarding on this router successfully?

Thanks,

Scott

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Port Forwarding
Hubrisnxs
Legend

This really belongs at the VZW Forum, they do the cell stuff better, but, did you follow these instructions for it?

http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=50205

0 Likes