Preparing to return equipment
sanfordsardo
Enthusiast - Level 1

On July 16th I received my HMC Gateway, door lock, smart thermostat, an interior camera, an outdoor camera, and a pan-and-tilt camera.  Tried installing the Gateway on the 17th, ran into the same problem as several others with connecting, and called Support.  Went through the troubleshooting, and my case was "escalated".  

On July 29th, I called for an update.  No update; keep waiting for a call.

On August 5th, I tweeted to support, was directed to online chat, was called by the chat agent, who connected me to the WRONG Expert Care department who was in charge of TV issues (after 4 dropped calls).  Finally transfered to HMC Level 1 Support, who said, "You'll just have to wait for the Escalation Team".  I told him, "Well, I better get a call by this Friday, or I'm boxing the whole thing up and returning it and demanding a refund".  He admitted that I should have received a call by now, and said that he was sending them an email asking for them to get on this and call me.

On August 6th, the Twitter team contacted me to make sure I was connected.  I explained that I wasn't, and was still waiting for a call from the Escalation Team.  They said, "Oh, we can connect you to them!"  Great, I thought.  They called, and connected me to... the level 1 support team, who checked my case and said, "You'll just have to wait for the Escalation Team".  I told him, "Well, I better get a call by this Friday, or I'm boxing the whole thing up and returning it and demanding a refund".

Today, August 7th, the Twitter team again contacted me to make sure I was connected.  I explained that I wasn't, and was still waiting for a call from the Escalation Team.  I have also tweeted to them that I better get a call by this Friday, or I'm boxing the whole thing up and returning it and demanding a refund.

I have now been waiting over 20 days to get a call from the Escalation Team.  Just to get a call.  I have told the support people that I can infer one of two things from this: Either there are a woeful number of Escalation Team agents employed by FiOS, or the HMC system is so terribly buggy that the Escalation Team is so overwhelmed by problems that they can't even find 10 minutes to call me.

In either event, I am not holding my breath that I will receive a call by Friday.

So, looking ahead... Does anyone have experience in returning their equipment?  Will I be able to take this to a Verizon store, or will they send me a return label?  What should I be planning to do in anticipation of my returning all this equipment?

Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Preparing to return equipment
shaenn
Contributor - Level 3

No experience returning the equipment but you better do it soon because they only give you 30 days. And they really stick to that policy! Even if you have had problems setting up the equipment and they don't call you back, it's your responsibility to contact them (their words, not mine).

sanfordsardo
Enthusiast - Level 1

Called on Friday morning. Explained that I wasn't waiting any longer. Laughed when I was told "Well, you're within the 30 days, so you can return the equipment."  She canceled my HMC service (I made sure that she wasn't canceling my TV, Phone, and Internet also).  She emailed me a return UPS tag, but told me that I couldn't get a refund until they received the equipment back.  Ok, whatever.  "Well that was easy", I thought...

But she only emailed me ONE tag for TWO boxes...

I spent the next 2 hours speaking with 6 different people to get them to email me a 2nd tag.

Throughout the entire ordeal, I have been nothing but calm... until one guy said, "Why don't you just buy a bigger box for all the equipment?"  I blew up at him explaining that I would NOT be spending ANY money to send them back their equipment.

Finally received a 2nd UPS tag via email (and a 3rd... and a 4th).  Took the boxes right to the local UPS store.  According to the tracking numbers, they were delivered today.  I'll be calling for my credit tomorrow.

0 Likes
shaenn
Contributor - Level 3

I'll have to keep an eye on the Pre-Owned section now. Maybe I can get a good deal on a Pan & Tilt.

0 Likes