Saveology - Warning
bigglenno
Enthusiast - Level 1

While discussing my home wireless setup with my Verizon agent he suggested a range extender and offered a great partner deal with a company called Saveology.  They offered a $99 range extender with a $79 mail in rebate.  Seemed pretty good so I ordered it.

Later found out that the rebate takes 16-18 weeks to receive, and my bank account also started getting hit for $6.99 monthly charges from this company.  ?????  When I called they said it was a "package deal" that automatically included the service option, but they can cancel this for me and refund the money.  I wonder how many people don't call?

Be careful.

Labels (1)
Re: Saveology - Warning
jmcguoirk
Enthusiast - Level 3

Saveology is the antonym of Scamology.

I've found provantage.com to offer the largest selection, at the most resonable rates, of computer networking equipment.

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Range extenders are $20-30 devices that do nothing but cut the wireless speed in half while on the extender unless it is a dual radio unit. Better off getting any ordinary router or access point and setting it up as your range extender. Network it using a Powerline Adapter or by running Ethernet to the access point where you wish to place it.

Range Extenders simply make use of WDS. Open sourced firmware for routers can do this out of the box without issue, and it is free to install on anything that the firmware supports.

0 Likes
johnshq2

After we got a laptop, I discovered we needed more equipment to make it work. I found SaveologyTech, called in an order, and put the charges on my credit card.  When the gear arrived (only two days later), I had learned that due to misunderstandings at both ends of the line, I needed to return it.  So, I sent an e-mail, offering to eat the shipping cost, but asking for the rest to be credited to my card.  Then to see how they might treat customers under such circumstances, I looked for comments about this company.  I found some some positive ones, but also some that made me wonder if I would ever even receive any reply to my e-mail.  But only a few hours later, I got a call from a manager who made me feel like she was a friend who wanted to solve my problem as fully as possible.  She said all charges, even for shipping, would be refunded, and they were the next day, before I even sent the items back.  At least for the way they treated me, I would certainly say, “Bravo, SaveologyTech”.

0 Likes