Sharp tv with rj45 internet connection
rawhorsepower

Hi All,

I have a Sharp 65SE94U TV. It has a 10/100 RJ 45 connection to connect to the internet. I am getting the error "There is no response from the DNS" everytime I try to access the internet. It has settings for IP address, Subnet Mask, Gateway, Proxy Server and internet speed with full/half duplex. It should pull an IP when all settings are set to auto. No proxy server so this option is off. If I connect a laptop to the same cable, it first comes up with "Limited or No Connectivity". If I disable and reenable the adapter I then get an IP and it works. If I then put the cable into the RJ45 on the TV and manually put in IP address, Subnet Mask, Gateway, it still gives me the same error. The TV is a few years old. I have the same TV in a 46" and the internet works of the same router port with all setting set to auto. I know this is a long message. Any help or guidance would be appreciated. Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Sharp tv with rj45 internet connection
jmcguoirk
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello,

Your television may require a Firmware update. There has been 1 issued for your model. [Edited to remove link]

Good Luck,

0 Likes
rawhorsepower

Thank you for your help. I did download the latest firmware from Sharp and when I tried the update it said I already had the latest firmware on the tv. I downloaded it about a year ago. The update is from 2009. I thought I would try it anyway. Any other Ideas?

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

@rawhorsepower wrote:

Hi All,

I have a Sharp 65SE94U TV. It has a 10/100 RJ 45 connection to connect to the internet. I am getting the error "There is no response from the DNS" everytime I try to access the internet. It has settings for IP address, Subnet Mask, Gateway, Proxy Server and internet speed with full/half duplex. It should pull an IP when all settings are set to auto. No proxy server so this option is off. If I connect a laptop to the same cable, it first comes up with "Limited or No Connectivity". If I disable and reenable the adapter I then get an IP and it works. If I then put the cable into the RJ45 on the TV and manually put in IP address, Subnet Mask, Gateway, it still gives me the same error. The TV is a few years old. I have the same TV in a 46" and the internet works of the same router port with all setting set to auto. I know this is a long message. Any help or guidance would be appreciated. Thanks

So you plug the ethernet into the tv, and the other end is going into which LAN port on the router?   make sure it's a numbered port meaning number 1,2,3 or 4.  

Set up your TV for auto connect.   Restart your TV by powering it off, and then unplugging it for 15 seconds and then plugging it back in and then powering it back on.   

Retry your connection and see if it pulls an IP Address. 

0 Likes