Verizon Routers support static DHCP?
todd10pjam
Enthusiast - Level 1

Anyone know if Verizon routers support static DHCP? Any info on how to do this? I've read up on some of this and it is available on some routers, not sure if it is on mine Westell Model A90-9100 EM15-10 (Ultraline Series3 Model 9100EM).  I have recently purchased a NAS storage device which will be connected to my router and I would like the same IP assigned everytime and persist when the device or the router is rebooted.  This will avoid having to change configuration settings on the NAS device everytime the IP lease expires and a new IP is assigned.

I checked the advanced setting when logging into the router and went to ARP tables.  There is a place in this screen to specify a new static connection with the host name / MAC address / IP address.  Not sure if this information would stick and persist when things are rebooted.

Any information on this or direction for more information would be greatly appreciated!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Routers support static DHCP?
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

On your NAS device you manually configure your device with a static address.

You can give your NAS device a 192.1681.25 address as an example.  Avoid 192.168.1.1-20 for your current devices.

Jim

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Routers support static DHCP?
todd10pjam
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks Jim, I'll let you know how this turns out.

Jeff