Want to switch from Schlage Link to Fios Home Monitoring but have questions
nunman216
Enthusiast - Level 2

I currently have Schlage link / Nexia and have a bunch of their cameras, light modules and the new door and window sensors and thermostat and door locks. I obviously do not want and will not buy all new devices just to switch. The only reason I want to switch is to have everything on one bill. I have no issues with Schlage link, i just want to switch. 

Does anyone know if my current schlage devices will work with FIOS if I get the FIOS gateway?

thanks

Labels (1)
Tags (4)
0 Likes
Re: Want to switch from Schlage Link to Fios Home Monitoring but have questions
bobh002
Contributor - Level 1

Verizon has a very limited supply of what you can use. Very limited. You can only use what they sell, then they disable some of the feature of the products, like the pan/tilt camera, you cannot use audio or the led lights.  Many have discussed MiCasaVerde and after this latest round of technical difficulties, i.e. cameras not being able to be viewed and can't view recordings, I will probably order that system. That way you can pretty much use any z-wave device from places like Homeseer.com.

Verizon only offers 1 thermostat which does not work on my new heat pump system and they will not allow me to return it. I have asked and emailed and have received no authorization to return it from them. 

0 Likes
richm20
Enthusiast - Level 3

"Verizon has a very limited supply of what you can use. Very limited. You can only use what they sell" 

This is not a correct statement. Being an electrician, I have no use for lamp modules. All my lights are high hats. I bought zwave switches on ebay and amazon and they are working fine.

0 Likes
bobh002
Contributor - Level 1

It was a correct statement when I wrote it but Verizon has now allowed 3rd party apps. They have just chosen not to tell anybody but people like richm20 have discovered it and let at least the ones that use the forums know about it. 

You may also want to consider Vera3 from MiCasaVerde before you choose Verizon.

0 Likes
DAD2007

Hi,

I've had mixed success so far.   I have an existing lever lock from Schlage (nexia) that is working fine and 

the trane thermostat that registered fine, allowed me to program the initial schedule and now says I 

can't access it.   Supports answer was that it was firmware driven and that even though its the same

model as verizon sells its not supported.

I'm planning on writing a quick question outside of your post, but thought i would give you my experience so far.

0 Likes