Z-Wave Compatibility Thread
JCJB443

How about starting up a thread on Non-Verizon Z-Wave devices that do or do not integrate correctly with Verizon Home Monitoring?

I recently purchased a Kwikset deadbolt that does NOT work with VHM.

Model number: Kwikset 910 TRL ZW 15 SMT CP SmartCode Wireless Z-Wave DeadBolt

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Z-Wave Compatibility Thread
prisaz
Legend

I bet if you had tried a lock from Schlage it would have worked. I believe that is the type Verizon is using. Also if you look at some of the standard GE devices they may work also.

I have a a Simon XT V2 Zwave security system I just installed, and just paired two wall switch light controllers from Lowes Hardware Iris system. One on/off and the other a dimmer. Yes the dimmer is a bit tricky. You must tap on, then raise the light level. It is a strange dimmer but I will get used to it. I just need a 100% setting for alarm events. Don't have that yet. Some devices may not behave the same way with other vendors equipment, but I bet you could get some of the other vendors hardware to work with Verizon's Home Monitoring and Control. I just need a Security system that is monitored, and will dispatch police, or fire and rescue. I have cellular remote access to my security system, and some minor home automation. I chose just lights for now, that respond to my opening a door, or all lights on for an alarm event.

Look at the web page here. It does have an option for Other Vendors, but which ones I could not say.

http://www22.verizon.com/support/residential/homecontrol/home+monitoring+and+control/devices/home+mo...

Just like my security company cannot support everything under the sun that they have not tested, I bet Verizon cannot either. But many items probably work.

If you look on this page they look just like the ones made by GE that are sold at Lowes, and are also used by the Lowes Iris system.

I was looking real hard at the Verizon system, but needed a remote monitoring station as my primary use is for security.

Good luck, and hope you catch some good Zwave.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

I wonder if I can get the Verizon energy reader to work with my security, system. I would probably need to go to the vendor that makes it. I don't think Verizon would seel it to me without having their service? I Wonder if I could have my devices paired with my security company and Verizon. Now that is something to consider.

0 Likes
bobh002
Contributor - Level 1

I can't use the energy reader on my system. I'll sell it to you.

0 Likes