extend network
dijan21

I have a M1424WR router in the middle of my house so I can use the wireless feature for my ipads, iphones etc.

I have my desktop computer in one end of the house, but if I keep the router there for ethernet connection I get no wireless in the rest of the house. There is no way for me to get an ethernet cable out of that area to the other end of the house.

At the other end of the house I have a home theater  and would like to feed 4 devices ethernet cable.

I have tried a bridge using 2 1424R routers but things didn't work too well most of the time.

Anybody have a solution for me?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: extend network
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@dijan21 wrote:

... I have my desktop computer in one end of the house ... There is no way for me to get an Ethernet cable out of that area to the other end of the house ... At the other end of the house I have a home theater  and would like to feed 4 devices Ethernet cable ..

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

If you cannot run Cat 5 or 6, and your wireless is inadequate, you might be able to use the coax for online access. ( depending on your existing coax wiring layout).  Search this board for "MoCA Bridge" for typical solutions.  Warning: the MoCA bridge gear is pricey.
0 Likes