port forward ip camera on 9100EM router
jbert61
Enthusiast - Level 2

To start out Home Security I installed a ip-video server. It receives up to 4 BNC connections. The server is then connected to the Lan with RG-45 cable. All wired hardware brings up the camera great, but cannot connect from tablet wirelessly. I believe the camera ip needs to be port forwarded. I have tried a million things and always get conflicts.

ANY help greatly appreciated

JIM

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: port forward ip camera on 9100EM router
jbert61
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I sat up Simple Port Forwarding, typed in the 9100EM, the ip address was my PC and that's what confused me. I then changed the last number, just like you mentioned, to my camera and the connection for wireless now is great.

thanks so much

Jim

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Port forwarding with that modem is a tiny different than other routers,  most other routers you specify the source port and destination.  With the Verizon Routers you define only the destination.  

So your rule should look like this.

192.168.1.xx TCP any > 8080

or something similiar. 

www.simpleportforwarding.com has an easy auto config tool, so you could use that or you can give it another shot with the above info. 

Side note, if you have FiOS and TV service, the set top boxes use the .100 range for their menu system and their vod and widgets servers.  so stay away from the .100 range.  use .50 or .200 + 

0 Likes
jbert61
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I sat up Simple Port Forwarding, typed in the 9100EM, the ip address was my PC and that's what confused me. I then changed the last number, just like you mentioned, to my camera and the connection for wireless now is great.

thanks so much

Jim

0 Likes