wireless for second desktop?
provincelake

I have verizon fios with a wireless modem on my desktotp on the second floor.   I would like to see if you can use a desktop on the first floor wirelessly using this modem?   

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: wireless for second desktop?
nickt137
Enthusiast - Level 1

If by modem you mean a router then yes. You'll need a wireless adapter or card on the other desktop so you can access your wifi router. You should see your router's name on a list of wifi spots available. Choose your router's name and log in using whatever key type the router is using (wep,wpa,wpa2).

Re: wireless for second desktop?
EdUrsChris

We have a 3 story row home and the WiFi Fios router is on the top level.  It's an older house with wood floors.  Laptops, iPods, a Wii and Blueray players all work fine on all 3 levels.  The only thing we have a problem with is the Kindle Fire, which falls off the WiFi all the time.  That's most likely an issue inherent with that device.  I can't say what router we have because I'm not at home.  For the best speed and network security, you can run ethernet cable through your house.  Your router will probably have several extra ports on the back.  If you have any problems Verizon might upgrade your router for free, just ask them.

0 Likes