4 Level Townhome with No Wifi or Cable Jack in Loft Bedroom
Tsukiko

I live in a 4 level townhome. There's a:

basement (main DVR box/modem I guess)

Living Area (main router)

Bedroom Area (Wifi Extender)

Loft (Absolutely Nothing)

I use the loft as my bedroom and rely on wifi to stream "cable" to my TV as there is ABSOLUTELY no hookups for anything. The cable jack and no ethernet plug-in.

As of 12/08-12/09, the signal to my TV has been completely broken. It doesn't connect to HULU and is always buffering to stopping due to a connection error. My Samsung Note 9 on the same level also doesn't connect properly, sometimes working but most of the time not working. A call to Verizon, and they confirmed that the router is running at newr maximum.

What do I do? How should I set up my boxes? What type of boxes should I get? I currently have a router AND an extender from Verizon.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 4 Level Townhome with No Wifi or Cable Jack in Loft Bedroom
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you have an android device, download an app called wifi analyzer.

It can help you diagnose wifi issues.

You can look at signal levels for example to see if you are getting signal upstairs or not for example.

View solution in original post

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

It was working before 12/8? Does your extender have the Coax light on? You could have a bad extender. The router in the basement probably won't make it up to loft from the basement. 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you have an android device, download an app called wifi analyzer.

It can help you diagnose wifi issues.

You can look at signal levels for example to see if you are getting signal upstairs or not for example.