5/6/12 i HAVE to have phone with DSL??Like 10,000 others you will be dropped. back to cable :(
wallyma1

Who in the H*LL has local phone service when we all have cellphones?

This is the most backward thing i have heard so far this century.

PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME I AM WRONG ABOUT THIS.

0 Likes
Re: 5/6/12 i HAVE to have phone with DSL??Like 10,000 others you will be dropped. back to cable :(
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

You're not wrong. Everyone does use cell phones, but I still know of a ton of people who use Landlines or VoIP connections for their home simply because cell phone service can get unreliable in some parts of my area during power outages. Either we get no service, or calls cannot complete because the circuits are all busy. What is ironic though is that many of the calls placed through a mobile network still hit the PSTN in some way, shape or form for many older, legacy services. Newer VoLTE services if that has been set up I'm sure are simply VoIP calls from the tower. Don't quote me 100% on this as I myself am unsure. One thing I can say for sure is that one benefit of a landline is improved audio quality (significant!) and a requirement to have the line operational and repaired if a problem does occur within a day.

You have until May to mane any changes to your DSL account before you are forced to get a line should you change anything. Make any speed/pricing adjustments NOW, and stick with them from that point onward and you will remain grandfathered in.