9 year old DSL Modem - How do I get new one?
Micromelon

I believe I have the Original Westell DSL modem because it doesn't even have a part number (model # A090-210015-04, manufactured 09/2002). As any mathematician can estimate, it is over 9 years old and I believe has served its function rather admirably and is long since due its retirement from active service. How do I get a new one from Verizon? No details or links on how to achieve this apparently extremely difficult task of replacing hardware.

0 Likes
Re: 9 year old DSL Modem - How do I get new one?
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

How has the Westell 2100 been serving you? Are you still getting the speeds you're supposed to be getting, and is the connection remaining stable? I honestly see no reason to replace a 2100 until you are looking to get something above the 5-7Mbps range of speeds or the Westell itself is actually failing. If you do want a new modem though, just give Verizon a call and ask for them to send out a new modem to retire your old 2100. Otherwise, just go purchase a new modem online (They're... $20-40 for a basic ADSL2+ modem) or at a store and set it up.

0 Likes