A few questions about wireless networking...
SanguineBliss

I have a VersaLink 327W which initially was connected to a desktop (with printer),  also two laptops used this connection to wirelessly connect to the internet.

I recently moved things around and the VersaLink 327W was moved to my living room, wired to an Xbox and a Tivo.  I still have the two laptops and I installed a wireless card in the desktop, now all the computer devices connect wirelessly to the internet.

Okay, so my question is if I wanted to get rid of the desktop would that in any way interfer with the modem connection to the internet for the two laptops?

Also, I want to keep a printer for both laptops to use. Would it be better to just buy a new wireless printer and if so does that connect directly to the modem?  Or would buying a print server be a better option?

0 Likes
Re: A few questions about wireless networking...
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Getting rid of the wired pc should not interfere with your wireless connection. I HIGHLY recommend hanging on to the ethernet cable though, in case there is a problem with your wireless in the future. You'll need to use the cable to connect one of your computers to the modem for troubleshooting.

I don't know much about wireless printers, so I'll leave that part to people who know more about it.

Re: A few questions about wireless networking...
howkensea

I was looking for info about Verizon's wireless, and saw your post.  I recently bought a wireless printer and connected it to the router and was able to use it throughout the house.  No print server was needed.  I just hooked up and pow...print away!

0 Likes