A strange Internet connectivity error whern using IE 9
szlatina

Hello,
I experience very strange Internet connectivity issue which happens specifically with Capital One Banking site. I wonder if somebody else already reported the same problem.

I'm on Windows 7 machine with Verizon DSL connection and uses both Internet Explorer 9 and Firefox 4.0.
The same thing happenes every time I try to use IE to make a payment. A first payment screen opens normally, but after she enters payment information and hit Continue it starts to spin  and after a couple of minutes of fruitful attempts it BREAKS Internet connection!
Windows allows to fix Internet connections settings, normally blaming bad default gateway settings. Then it is enough to open your site in IE and try to pay to break it again.
Firefox, on the other end, works normally and allows to pay. So, it looks like an error in IE, but really strange one.
I also have another Win 7 machine and IE 9; the only difference is that it is on Comcast Cable rather than on Verizon DSL. There I can pay to Capital One using IE 9 without any problems. So, it must be a combination of IE bug and Verizon Internet settings, I guess.

0 Likes
Re: A strange Internet connectivity error whern using IE 9
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are the machines by any chance using different Security Software or have you by any chance installed Verizon software onto the PC hooked into the DSL service?

0 Likes