AC or N router
Clairefan
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is the router from FIOS an AC or N router? I just got the MIrror App to play video files from my computer on my Samsung Smart TV.  I was having a problem, and they suggested that I need an AC or N router, but I don't know what that is!

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: AC or N router
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Actiontec red band revi router are 2.4 ghz wireless n. Verizon g1100 router is dual band 2.4 and 5 ghz ac. Ac is one of the current wireless standards. Faster than N. 2.4 ghz will give you better range but slower speeds  5 ghz is faster speed but less range. Hard wiring to the router is always the best. 

jonjones1
Legend

@Clairefan wrote:

Is the router from FIOS an AC or N router? I just got the MIrror App to play video files from my computer on my Samsung Smart TV.  I was having a problem, and they suggested that I need an AC or N router, but I don't know what that is!

https://www.verizon.com/about/sites/default/files/Verizon%20BHR4%20Router%20Spec%20Sheet%20PDF.pdf

The problem is usually the wifi on the Quantum G1100. It’s simply terrible. Google it.

the other poster was correct if you get a direct connection via ethernet you will be better off. 

The quantum has internal antennas so the range is not good. But if you are trying to beam from your computer laptop to or from your smart tv you would have to be on the same SSID (network) both tv and computer. And the Fios router just not be able to do what you want. I use my own router by Netgear.

Clairefan
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for replying. I was able to switch the TV to the 5G network, and the computer if on the 5G network.  I'll have to try again now. I just kept getting errors about the Network. But that was when the  two were on the different networks. 

I hopt that with just this change it will be better, and the app doesn't stop working.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@Clairefan wrote:

Thanks for replying. I was able to switch the TV to the 5G network, and the computer if on the 5G network.  I'll have to try again now. I just kept getting errors about the Network. But that was when the  two were on the different networks. 

I hopt that with just this change it will be better, and the app doesn't stop working.

In any case I hope it works 😀

0 Likes