Absolutely Terrible Internet Speeds, and even more terrible customer service.
PeteX82
Enthusiast - Level 2
Over the last week I've experienced incredibly, and increasingly, terrible Verizon High Speed DSL speeds (FiOS is not available in my area sadly).  My internet speed has degraded so terribly that as of today I can not even load the diagnostic test that the tech support technician asked me to run.

I will save you the diatribe of how awfully and irresponsibly I was treated during my phone call (which lasted over 2 hours, and 6 different people), but my issue is still unresolved.  The solution I was offered 'We can dispatch a technician to work on the issue within the next 48 hours, and by Monday we should have an update.'  When I asked to be connected to someone that can help me resolve my issue, the gentleman, Max, said no.  He said that we would not connect me to anyone else, and he was the highest person available in the whole company of Verizon.

During my 2 hour and 16 minute phone call, I was told on multiple occasions that I should perhaps upgrade my service; maybe that I should switch to business class internet; and I was also told that 'I wouldn't blame you if you canceled your service since we can't provide you a stable service.'

My issue is this:  I run two business out of my home; mine and my wife's.  I have two deals expected to close within the next few days.  I am now going to be unable to access docu-sign to sign contracts; unable to e-mail packets; unable to do anything that would facilitate my deals to close this weekend.  These deals are supposed to close for a significant amout of money.  Additionally, my wife handles bookings and information through her website for her business; which we now can't log into from our home.  Aside from the fact that I'm paying for a service I now cannot use, I am potentially going to lose money as a result; and a lot of it.  I don't imagine Verizon is going to give me a credit for the amount of money I may lose, if I in fact lose it; will they?  So far, all I've been offered for my trouble is a 20.00 credit.  I was also advised that I can take my desktop in to somewhere that has public Wi-Fi; my desktop?! Really?

I've called in a number of times about my problem in the past; I've posted on the 'forum'.  Each time my answer has been 'the speeds advertised are not guaranteed, they are an "up-to" figure'.  No one has recommended that I sign up for any sort of business line; and to be honest I'm not sure I should have to pay additional money to be treated like a human being.  At this point I wouldn't sink another DIME into this compay if I can avoid it.  I never thought I'd say this, but I'm actually considering goin BACK to Comcast; which is something I vowed I would NEVER do.

I plan on continuing to escalate this issue to any, and everyone, that will listen.  I'm completely dissatisfied, and frankly disgusted, with the way this entire interaction went down.  I believe that these phone calls are recorded - I'd like to have this call reviewed with someone as well please; I served in the customer service industry for a LONG time, as a manager and trainer so I know what companies should be expecting from their employees, and this was certainly not it.

I would like someone to follow up with me directly.
0 Likes
Re: Absolutely Terrible Internet Speeds, and even more terrible customer service.
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi PeteX82,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes