Access Denied to medicare and medicaid sites
misapope

The last couple of days, I get the following message trying to access medicare.gov (and medicaid.gov (Reference # varies):

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://www.medicare.gov/" on this server.

Reference #18.aeb8ca41.1537318099.2c1c890

This occurs both via my Windows 10 laptop using Chrome and Firefox (latest versions) and my Pixel XL using Chrome (latest version). I use Norton Security's firewall. As far as know, there have been no major updates on my system.

I have never had any problems accessing these sites. As far as I can determine, these are the only sites I cannot access.

0 Likes
Re: Access Denied to medicare and medicaid sites
jonjones1
Legend

That is the sites themselves.

go into your system and turn off that norton anything since it is like McAfee one of the worst programs to place on any device. Now also go into your browsers and clear all web browsing and cookies from “clear the cache” 

restart the computer and turn that that anti virus junk off. Windows has their own antivirus and malware in windows defender, you must not use two or more such programs since they cause mucho problems.

0 Likes
Re: Access Denied to medicare and medicaid sites
spartacusjones
Enthusiast - Level 1

I know Medicare made some fairly significant site updates. I got this same message a few days

@misapope wrote:

The last couple of days, I get the following message trying to access medicare.gov (and medicaid.gov (Reference # varies):

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://www.medicare.gov/" on this server.

Reference #18.aeb8ca41.1537318099.2c1c890

This occurs both via my Windows 10 laptop using Chrome and Firefox (latest versions) and my Pixel XL using Chrome (latest version). I use Norton Security's firewall. As far as know, there have been no major updates on my system.

I have never had any problems accessing these sites. As far as I can determine, these are the only sites I cannot access.

Medicare montioned that they were making site changes. During the updates, a number of people were getting these message. You should be able to login now that they are done. I had the same error messages and it cleared when they finished the site update. No changes needed on my end.