ActionTec router MI424-WR is in Bridge Mode...how do I get it out of bridge mode?
SpackAttack

Hello,

I'm a first time poster.  I have raised this question to first level tech support and I was recommended to perform a hard reset of the router, which did not help.

when I log into the admin page of my Actiontec router my router is being displayed as being in BRIDGE mode.   The router is connected to the ONT via MocA.

The router appears to work fine, however I had wished to create a bridge in my home using a DD-WRT enabled Linksys router I'd already owned.   I wanted to bridge this router to the Actiontech but I kept getting IP conflicts.   My speculation was that this was occurring because the Actiontec was already in BRIDGE mode.

I was hoping that someone could either help me get it out of BRIDGE mode (I assume that is not the default per Verizon installation) or if not, any suggestions.

Would this warrant Verizon sending me a new N-band router?  If so, does anyone know if those are 2.4 and 5.0 Ghz or just 5.0 Ghz

Thanks in advance!

Scott

0 Likes
Re: ActionTec router MI424-WR is in Bridge Mode...how do I get it out of bridge mode?
Hubrisnxs
Legend

hi, a hard reset removes bridge mode.

When you hard reset and try to log into the router at http://192.168.1.1 and if you do not see the Create password screen below, then you did not hold the reset button in long enough.  

I do a full 15 second count, but I do 1, 1 thousand, 2 1 thousand etc....

Resetting your Verizon MI424WR router to the factory settings | FiOS ...

0 Likes
Re: ActionTec router MI424-WR is in Bridge Mode...how do I get it out of bridge mode?
SpackAttack

Hi,

I did this while working online with FiOS tech support.....it did not work.   Do you recommend that I try again?

Other options?

Thanks

Scott

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

There really isn't a way to factory reset it other than what's described in the article.  

If you can access the router interface then you can reverse the changes.

Here are the instructions TO bridge it, so you would do the opposite I suppose. 

Configure MI424WR as a LAN MoCA Bridge - Actiontec

0 Likes
Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

when I log into the admin page of my Actiontec router my router is being displayed as being in BRIDGE mode.  

Where exactly is this bridge mode displayed that you're referring to?

Main page?  Network Connections page?  Or where?

A screenshot would help.

If you've done a hard reset on the router, there should be no bridges configured or displayed.

SpackAttack wrote:

I had wished to create a bridge in my home using a DD-WRT enabled Linksys router I'd already owned.   I wanted to bridge this router to the Actiontech but I kept getting IP conflicts.    

How are you "bridging" the DD-WRT router?  Actiontec LAN to DD-WRT LAN, or Actiontec LAN to DD-WRT WAN?

If you're bridging LAN-to-LAN, you need to pick an IP address for the DD-WRT router that is not in use on your LAN.

You can change the Actiontec's DHCP assignment range to reserve a range of IP addresses for static addresses.

If you pick a low range (e.g. 192.168.1.2 - 192.168.1.10) be sure you reboot all your devices on the LAN so that all devices get new DHCP leases. By default, the Actiontec hands out DHCP leaases starting at 192.168.1.2.

Here's the recommended method for connecting an extra router:

Can I use my wireless or an extra router along with the Verizon provided router

If you're using a LAN-to-WAN connection, you shouldn't be getting IP address conflicts as the two routers should be on different subnets.

SpackAttack wrote:

If so, does anyone know if those are 2.4 and 5.0 Ghz or just 5.0 Ghz

The VZ "N" routers are 2.4Ghz only.  No 5Ghz.

0 Likes