Actiontec GT784WN install
cjs2012
Enthusiast - Level 3

Purchased one of these through Amazon, then found all the threads about no connections.  I fought this for a while, checked with Actiontec and Verizon via chat and the only thing that was not correct as far as the info I got was this:  Verizon says that connecting the new modem will release the IP from the old modem MAC address and automatically connect to the new modem.  It does NOT.  Unless someone resets this IP-MAC binding you need to wait for it to time out.  I waited about 4 hours and it worked perfectly.  These modems will make the physical connection but not allow internet access unless the IP binds to the MAC address or the internet indicator will not light and then pass down all the rest of the necessary numbers.

Now we'll see if the connection reliability and speed is better than my old Westell 6100.

0 Likes
Re: Actiontec GT784WN install
cjs2012
Enthusiast - Level 3

Forgot one thing.  Actiontec says the GT784WNV is only a Verizon branded product and operates the same as the WN.  Should be no difference connectivity-wise.  I'm guessing the WNV has the red and black background screens.

0 Likes