Actiontec router gt784wn - how can I tell what devices are connected to the network?
bblack4jc
Enthusiast - Level 3

I can sign in to my router settings via 192.168...then go to the Status Tab and select Gateway Utilization. At the bottom of the screen is the title: 

LAN Device Session Log. 

I can see 4 ip addresses and can identify 2 of them. The names, except for the android are the same as the ip address. So how can I find out what the devices are? I will try to attach a picture.image

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Actiontec router gt784wn - how can I tell what devices are connected to the network?
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

For Printers, the IP address appears either if you enter the wireless settings and choose the button to view the network status, or if you tell it to print the network status.

For Rokus, you'll be able to find that at Settings > System < About, or in Settings > System > Network > View Connection Status (or something along these lines).

On Android, go to Settings > Wi-Fi, and tap your network name as it's connected to your Wi-Fi. Your IP address should appear.

View solution in original post

Re: Actiontec router gt784wn - how can I tell what devices are connected to the network?
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

If they are wirelessly connected, I believe the Main page under "My Network" will display the MAC address of the device. You can use this site to search up the MAC, which should help to give a clue: https://aruljohn.com/mac.pl

Otherwise, look over all wired and wireless devices to see what IP addresses they have, then cross reference that with what the router says. Most devices should display their IP if you enter the Manual Network settings, or a Help/Diagnostics section showing your network connection status.

bblack4jc
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you for your response. I will give the link a try. I am sorry but I don't know what you mean by "Most devices should display their IP if you enter the Manual Network settings, or a Help/Diagnostics section showing your network connection status." I have a printer, a roku box and an android that shows up but the only android phone is my husbands and I checked it and it is not connected to the internet. thank you for your help. BTW currently my DSL is offline. Just randomly stopped and has not come back on after 2 restarts. Oh the joys of DSL

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

For Printers, the IP address appears either if you enter the wireless settings and choose the button to view the network status, or if you tell it to print the network status.

For Rokus, you'll be able to find that at Settings > System < About, or in Settings > System > Network > View Connection Status (or something along these lines).

On Android, go to Settings > Wi-Fi, and tap your network name as it's connected to your Wi-Fi. Your IP address should appear.