Actiontec router with a D-Link GamerLounge router???
jaspertodd

Hi guys just wanted to see if anyone on here could help me out.I have had Verizon DSL now for over 9 yrs.I pay for the highest speed i can get threw Verizon.But here is the thing,iam not home right now so i cant give the numbers but i did a speed test and iam not getting what iam paying for,not even close.From what the speed test shows iam getting the lowest speed but paying for the highest??But thats realy not my issue.Iam a gamer,i play on xbox live alot"CallOfDuty WorldAtWar".Now while playing it shows your speed connection in green bars.Well while playing i only get maybe 2 green bars and it goes up to 4 being the best.So when i shoot someone 100x and they shoot me once iam dead?The thing is while on my computer my speed is fast.I can goto webpages realy fast.So why is it while playing on my xbox is it slow?So i was on dells website and came accross this gaming router called gamerlounge made by D-link.They say it will make a world of diffrence while playing on xbox live.Will this realy happen? [edited]  And will it work with my router?Or do i need to buy a modum as well?As you can tell iam not a computer expert.So if you know a way i can fix my issue please help.And if you need more info i will give it when i get home.I have a Dell pc xps 410.Its only 3yrs old and upgraded to the hilt with memory and a new graphics card.And Verizon doesnt have vios in my area yet tried that lol.And my pc runs on windows vista home premium. Oh and iam hard wired to my pc with my xbox?i realy dont need a wireless router.Do you think if i get a normal router it will work better and faster.And can you tell me what the best router is for faster connection?If it even matters?Ok thanks.

Message Edited by jaspertodd on 07-08-2009 09:04 PM
Message Edited by ElizabethS on 07-08-2009 09:09 PM
0 Likes
Re: Actiontec router with a D-Link GamerLounge router???
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
#1 What is the model of that Actiontec router?

#2 What is the model of that D-Link GamerLounge router?
0 Likes