Activation Date 17 days later from Installation Kit! Ridiculous!
Dimopoulos

Has this happened to anyone else out there? I ordered my DSL package on August 12th and my activation Date is on August 29th! Whats the point of receiving the Installation Kit quickly but having to wait 2 weeks for it to work! My job requires me to have the internet and its very disappointing to know I have to wait this long for it to work! I would have chosen another service provider if I knew this! Then I called yesterday expressing my frustration and they said they would get back to me today and they have yet to call me! What a bummer and my service hasnt event begun yet! 

0 Likes
Re: Activation Date 17 days later from Installation Kit! Ridiculous!
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon has been known to turn up DSL service before the activation date. If you plug the modem into a known working phone jack, does the modem's DSL light turn solid green? If it does, and the Internet light comes on shortly after, you're good to go. In many cases, you'll just need to follow the activation steps, or simply disable the Walled Garden and carry onward.

0 Likes
Dimopoulos

No, it does not work. We just moved in so I dont know if they have the mess with the wiring but its still blinking. They were suppose to call me yesterday but of course no phone call. Verizon is a multi-million dollar company who cant return my phone call as promised. Ridiculous 

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you have a NID outside of your home, you may want to see if one of the test jacks within the NID give service. It could be possible the inside wiring isn't connected to Verizon's network. You might have already tried this already, but check this FAQ out: http://www.dslreports.com/faq/6110

0 Likes