Address for complaints
Drarry
Enthusiast - Level 1

I spent from last Thursday until today with intermittent dsl issues. From not working at all to being very slow. I called tech support several times and got someone from India each time. Each of them was reading out of a book and suggesting I turn everything off and back on, which I'd already done 100 times.  The last time the girl was somewhat helpful and decided I would need a new modem as mine was very old.  Ok fine, but I work from home and of course I had to deal with having issues until today when the new modem came. She said it would be a router so I could get rid of the router I bought a couple of years ago. Well it came and it was just a modem, which is fine, with directions for a router. So they were useless, but I knew what to do and got it set up without a problems.

The issue I was having was not being able to connect to the dns server, which I kept telling the tech support people, who seemed to not hear me. I was able to fix my problem on my own by doing a search, when the internet was up for a few minutes, and entering a preferred dns server. That worked. With the new modem I've let it choose it instead of entering it and I seem ok right now. If it happens again at least I know what to do now.

My issue is that nobody in tech support would listen to what I was saying, I was sent the wrong directions for their fix of my problem, and I ended up fixing it myself when tech support should be more knowledgeable than the customer calling in!!! I get that some of us know more about computers than others, but shouldn't the tech support staff be able to do something other than read from a book and give the same solutions over and over.

Needless to say I'm seriously **bleep** off right now and want to send a letter to someone. I lost work time, I had to spend hours during the night and weekend making up work when I was able to find a solution to my problem. Plus not to mention all the time on the phone and the aggravation it caused. Seriously, this is not acceptable.

Re: Address for complaints
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Please let us know if we can address any additional issues for you.

Tonya D.

0 Likes
chelly53

is there an address or a link to file a complaint ?

0 Likes
Theresa100
Enthusiast - Level 3

If there is an address or link  to file a complaint, and a Verizon Rep actually intends on posting it, could they please do so here and not in a private support board? I am sure some other folks on here would like to have it, as well.

0 Likes
sbg2

Why is it so hard to make a complaint?  My complaiant is that I cannot find an email address to send a complaint!  The web site is sooo difficult to navigate.  Does anyone know an email address? 

0 Likes
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@sbg wrote:

... My complaiant is that I cannot find an email address to send a complaint!  ...

Most folks have a specific issue they want to address, so your "issue" seems a bit unusual.  However if, as you say, that's your complaint,,then here's an address:

techsupport@verizon.com

0 Likes