After 1 week still having connection issues with some websites
metallicamuse

Verizon DSL took a dive over a week ago.  Could not connect to various websites.  Most functionaltiy has been restored however I cannot access all sites I use- in particular Ancestry.Com.  So ... after 4 calls my computer and modem have been reset, rebooted, reinstalled Java, turned off and on my Virus protection, etc.  Guess what- still isn't fixed.  So who at Verizon will finally admit something went wrong... and when do you plan on fixing this?  All I get is another oh give it 24-48 hours... blah blah and blah.  So can anyone at Verizon explain **bleep** has been going on and when they will be fixing it.

0 Likes
Re: After 1 week still having connection issues with some websites
dapperma
Enthusiast - Level 1

agree 100%.. verizon claims nothing wrong..  WE know there is something wrong when many ppl are complaining about it.  Just had to add.  Starting to dislike Verizon very much.. Is comcast any better though?

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

While I don't know what it is. I have an idea to check something..

Can you get there using a web based proxy server?

For example..

#1 Go to http://hidemyass.com/

#2 In the Free web proxy form, type in URL that you want to visit.

#3 Leave all of the settings alone there.

#4 Press Hide My **bleep**

^^

0 Likes
metallicamuse

I tried this however I could still not access certain pages within the Ancestry site.  DishTV is also prblematic.  What irks me is that Verizon has yet to identify it is their issue which started 1 1/2 weeks ago with the outage/system malfunction. 

Thank you for the help though!

0 Likes
metallicamuse

I hear good an bad about all the services.  FIOS is not available in my area so my choices are limited.  I think I might try Hughesnet satellite if its available however the price is not cheap.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Satellite is a huge downgrade. Don't use it unless it's your only choice besides Cell Phone Quarter and Dollar Internet and/or dial-up service. Stick with the DSL and get the problem fixed.

0 Likes
metallicamuse

Thanks for the heads up on satellite.  Considering the last 1-2 weeks of Verizon's crappy service even dial up looks tempting.  I think the switch will be to TW and hope for the best.  Verizon can't or won't admit there is an issue and the 6 VZ "tech" people were just going thru a script and didn't fix anything.  The last one really was incompetent and screwed up the computer even more and then claimed she didnt change any settings.  Lies and more lies from VZ.

0 Likes