All my neighbors have faster DSL than me, Why? (round 2)
Collossus
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here's the link to the original post   All my neighbors have faster DSL than me, Why?

well they closed my complaint with a simple email after the rep i spoke with told me i would recieve a phone call from someone that actually knows what they're talking about. It's unacceptable that my neighbors have faster internet than I do and your Techs say its completely fine, but your **bleep** {please keep your posts courteous} billing office refuses to give me what i diserve considering Verizon pretty much has a monopoly on the market at my location. After HOURS online and on the phone i've gotten nothing but generic answers from your staff, been given the run around and transfered to places that couldn't help me. I was even transfered to some Frontier number and they couldn't believe you guys sent me there. The lady said "wow they really don't want to help you do they." 

Not a happy customer, I hope google fiber puts you out of buisness . 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: All my neighbors have faster DSL than me, Why? (round 2)
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

You're welcome. Let me know how things go with the info I sent you as well if they beat the phonecall to the race.

View solution in original post

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

They closed your thread in order to help you, although if they closed your private support case then that shouldn't have happened. The thread should be reopened. I'll send you some contact info for this shortly. Be on the lookout  for a PM from me.

Before I send you the info, I'd like to see your modem Transceiver statistics. If you can give me your modem model number if you do not know how to get the info, I can help. I need this information to get an idea of how good of a line you have. That way we're not playing a guessing game.

Collossus
Enthusiast - Level 2

They contacted me shortly after you left a post on here. However, I will be extremely surprised if I get a call from anyone with an answer that wasn't copied and pasted out of a Verizon customer service handbook.  Also, I sent you a PM with my modem info. Thanks for trying to help 🙂 

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

You're welcome. Let me know how things go with the info I sent you as well if they beat the phonecall to the race.

Collossus
Enthusiast - Level 2

You're so awesome, the person you had me contact helped me more in the last hour than Verizon helped me in a month. TY soooo much!

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

You're welcome! What speed did he set you to?

Collossus
Enthusiast - Level 2

7Mbps, he said that he could go higher but since we are gamers that having it at 7 with a lower ping would be better.  We had the lowest ping (20) on the League of Legends load screen and I'm not having anymore lag  😄    Like I said before you and your friends that helped me are super awesome! 

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

You're welcome. Enjoy!