Amazon Prime on TV
Anyuta

I'm trying to figure out if it's possible for me to watch Amazon Prime streaming video on my TV using my existing set top box (multi room DVR).

My TV is not "internet" capable by itself, but has an HDMI port and USB ports.  I am wondering if a usb wifi adaptor will work? or do I actually need to buy a special reciever, or is there some way to do this via my existing equipment.

of course, I know I can just hook my laptop to the TV and do it that way (haven't tried, but know it's theoreticlaly possible).. but I'd like to be able to do it more directly, without having to bring my laptop downstairs every time.

I really haven't spent a lot of time trying to figure out the Fios Media Manager (when I first tried it, it was so slow that it wasn't worth the effort).  Perhaps I can somehow use that to view streaming Amazon video?

All help appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: Amazon Prime on TV
Hokiedad2
Contributor - Level 1

You're going to need an internet connected device. The Roku device is one of the cheapest and simplest.

0 Likes
Re: Amazon Prime on TV
joel826

I use Amazon Prime through a Sony Blu-Ray player that has internet connectivity and is able to get to Amazon.  So, it's possible.  BTW, mine is hardwired.

0 Likes