Any Westell E90-610015-60 modem firmware upgrade or driver? Modem constantly disconnects.
thaul

I don't know anything about modems, but my modem has been constantly resetting itself for no reason at all for the past months. Someone told me that upgrading my firmware and drivers could fix it. when I go to my modem page and try to update the firmware, it says that it can't connect to server. My current version is 4.04.03.00 for the firmware. Is there a newer one I can download? I don't know about the driver though.

0 Likes
Re: Any Westell E90-610015-60 modem firmware upgrade or driver? Modem constantly disconnects.
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 Check the IP Address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway, and DNS Servers on your computer.

For example if you are on Windows XP..

a) Go to Start -> Run.

b) Type in cmd and press enter.

c) In the new window, called the command prompt, type in ipconfig /all and press enter.

#2 The Modem's Page IP Address is the same IP Address as the Default Gateway on your computer ?

#3 You are on the Westell White and Blue Firmware that is talked about at

http://mysite.ncnetwork.net/res08lyg/6100.htm

b) Not the Red and Black firmware, that is shown at

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/13600

?

0 Likes
Re: Any Westell E90-610015-60 modem firmware upgrade or driver? Modem constantly disconnects.
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

To answer the above question, the firmware installed to your modem is more than likely the red and black "Verizon" branded firmware. Verizon's modems tend to be updated on their own by Verizon themselves, even though the modem is saying it is unable to check for updates.

To answer the above question, the firmware installed to your modem is more than likely the red and black "Verizon" branded firmware. Verizon's modems tend to be updated on their own by Verizon themselves, even though the modem is saying it is unable to check for updates.

If you can, posting up the modem logs would be nice to see, along with the Transceiver statistics to see what may be up with the modem and/or the physical line itself. The logs found under the "All" or "Connection" category will fit, and Transceiver Statistics page is basically the entire page. These pieces of information are found under the Advanced Statistics page of the Westell.