Anyone using TZO with FIOS?
Charlie911
Enthusiast - Level 1

If so, how did you set it up?  And with which router?

Is it possible to set up the FIOS router as simply a bridge to another (Linksys) router?, since the linksys has a tzo client built in.

Re: Anyone using TZO with FIOS?
Hubrisnxs
Legend
  • What are the tradeoffs between the various router configurations
  • Can I use my wireless or an extra router along with the Verizon provided router?
  • Do I have to use the supplied router with Verizon FiOS?
  • you can bridge, but bridging has it's own adverse side effects, so if you want to bridge look at the first link and it will give you an idea of what will and won't work when you bridge the actiontec and with what configuration to do it. 

the second link is probably what you would want to follow to succesfully connect the linksys in there, so it can run its' TZO client

OR you can just do Dyn DNS inside the actiontec/westell router   Dynamic DNS is found under the advanced option at the top menu bar. 

If you can't get into the actiontec router, use these two links

0 Likes
    BorisL1
    Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same issue: have a TZO account and need to configure my actiontec MI424WR-GEN2 router to work with TZO. However, the settings in the router, specifically:

1) Host name,

2) User name,

3) password,

4) SSL mode

are quite unclear.

Basically, TZo haz no password or user name. Instead it give a long key.

Also, not sure what my host name should be.

Can anyone help please?

Thank you.

0 Likes
    smith6612
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Your host name is the domain name you have set up for Dynamic DNS. The username and password is the same domain name you use to log into the TZO website. I'm unsure of the Encryption Mode, but that should be the place where your key goes.

Hope this helps 🙂

0 Likes
    Anti-Phish1
    Master - Level 1

@BorisL wrote:

I have the same issue: have a TZO account and need to configure my actiontec MI424WR-GEN2 router to work with TZO.  

Sorry.  The Actiontec only has built-in support for DynDNS.

0 Likes