Automatically enrolled in Auto Pay and can't change in My Verizon.
ndkeeler831

I recently signed up for Verizon FIOS internet only service and was somehow signed up for Auto Pay and I am unable to change this via My Verizon.  I also can't see my bill online or access very much other account information online.  Everytime I try to view billing information or change anything related to billing or payments through My Verizon I get a message telling me to contact Verizon.  It has been more than 30 days since my service has been activated and I have been billed with Auto Pay twice already.  I would like to be able to not use Auto Pay since I like to be in control of how and when my bill is paid.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Automatically enrolled in Auto Pay and can't change in My Verizon.
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@ndkeeler83 wrote:

I recently signed up for Verizon FIOS internet only service and was somehow signed up for Auto Pay and I am unable to change this via My Verizon.  I also can't see my bill online or access very much other account information online.  Everytime I try to view billing information or change anything related to billing or payments through My Verizon I get a message telling me to contact Verizon.  It has been more than 30 days since my service has been activated and I have been billed with Auto Pay twice already.  I would like to be able to not use Auto Pay since I like to be in control of how and when my bill is paid.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Have you tried contacting Verizon? This is a peer-to-peer support forum. If you want to get a message to Verizon, you should contact them directly via one of the options on their Contact Us page.

0 Likes
ndkeeler831

I saw that Verizon sometimes replies to messages on here and thought I would give it a shot.   Live chat is never available and I was hoping to avoid having to sit on hold for a hour trying to get a hold of someone on the phone.  I also tried emailing and received no reply.

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

@ndkeeler83 wrote:

I saw that Verizon sometimes replies to messages on here and thought I would give it a shot.   Live chat is never available and I was hoping to avoid having to sit on hold for a hour trying to get a hold of someone on the phone.  I also tried emailing and received no reply.

Verizon doesn't do email support.  You can contact them by phone, chat or regular mail.

Sometimes issues posted here are escalated to support.  At that point, communication is through a private message area of this forum.  The issues that get escalated have typically had some type of contact with Verizon prior to a post here.

As far as your issue goes, when I visit the "My Verizon" web page and look on the "Auto-pay" screen, I clearly see a "de-enroll" option.  I haven't clicked on it, as I don't want to de-enroll, but it looks like it will work.  Since your service is new, that may explain why you can't manage it online yet.

Your best bet is to contact Verizon.  Billing issues are best dealt with during normal business hours, so you may want to wait till tomorrow to call.

Good Luck.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi ndkeeler83

Sorry you are having difficulty with your account online. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes