Being billed for router rental despite owning
moo007

Hi,

I signed up for Fios a few months ago. Prior to the install, I purchased my own router through eBay. The installer said that Verizon will be able to identify that it isn't a Verizon owned router and the $10 will be removed from my bill.

Two months later, I am still being billed for it. I attempted to reach billing department for fix but the hold time was over one hour. I put in for a callback and never received one. 

Is there anything I can do to get this straightened out without having to call Verizon's billing? I do not have the ability to hold on the line for over an hour during their business hours. I am extremely frustrated by the situation.

0 Likes
Re: Being billed for router rental despite owning
jonjones1
Legend

There is a real possibility the router you purchased was stolen or never returned.

verizons computers will show it as a company owned device. Hence the monthly charges.

i would never trust eBay or other sites like that to purchase questionable devices.

you would need to prove the router was owner purchased, and then Verizon Fios May see it’s not theirs. But it may indeed be owned by Verizon 

0 Likes
Re: Being billed for router rental despite owning
MrMatthew1
Contributor - Level 1

Hi Drew2,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes