Billed for FiOS, But Have Closed Loop DSL
isilveus

I dropped FiOS several months ago because I was paying $69.99/mo for 75/75 and Verizon refused to give me the introductory rate OR the steady-state rate for 100/100 and told me I was being disloyal for asking. They have been begging me to come back via postal mail since then. I scheduled the install for today. When I called tech support today to see if I can use my own router, the technical supervisor at the network center in Albany, NY (Carl) double-checked several times and told me that my home has been on a closed-loop DSL connection at least since 2012 and that there has been no active fiber-optic connection in my home at least since that time. 

Has anyone else had this experience? From my bills and from what he said, it looks like they have billed me for a fiber-optic service that did not exist for at least six years. 

0 Likes
Re: Billed for FiOS, But Have Closed Loop DSL
jonjones1
Legend

You will know if you had closed loop DSL versus Fios fiber optics.

just look at your monthly invoice. You could not have possibly ever looked at an invoice in years!

The other factor is DSL cannot reach anywhere near 75/75 so if that was the case then yes you have been hoodwinked.

Fios is not every place in Albany. It is available on the outskirts like Colonie, Loudonville and upper central ave in Colonie and maybe some spotted areas in Albany county.

so I would just have them verify that they can do a drop of the fiber at your location.

if so have Carl send installers over to put it in.

0 Likes