Billing / Cancellation Fee
msainz

I moved to a retirement home, and when I cancelled my service, I was told by rep who had a supervisor on the line, and told me this as well, that when I get the disconnect email, it will have where I can send the info that my reitrement center yes has FIOS TV but offers us free internet and therefor I can send that info to Verizon to get the fee waived.  There was no instruction of where to send an email.

I then on Monday called back and talked to a rep who also placed me on hold and tried to expedite my problem to be handles and said he needed to call me back later that day or on Tuesday. I recieved no call back yet.  I should not be penalized for moving to a place that offers me free tv and internet since we all are on a budget, yet despite FIOS "being avaiable" we still have to pay a fee.  PLEASE HELP ME GET THIS SOLVED

0 Likes
Re: Billing / Cancellation Fee
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

This issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent.

0 Likes
Verizon Refuses to help me or respond
msainz

Even after calling three times..posting a forum message here and getting a response to "chat" with them. I did, the chat person looked at my account and sent a message to the first person who helped me when I cancelled my service, and almost a week later..NOTHING...You are taking advantage of SENIORS who move into a reitrement center on a budget and their location offers free TV and Internet. despite the free serivce by the retirement place you charge a cancellation fee because FIOS is technically available in that area. My next step will be with the BBB and my son who works for the local TV news station.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Refuses to help me or respond
jonjones1
Legend

@msainzwrote:

Even after calling three times..posting a forum message here and getting a response to "chat" with them. I did, the chat person looked at my account and sent a message to the first person who helped me when I cancelled my service, and almost a week later..NOTHING...You are taking advantage of SENIORS who move into a reitrement center on a budget and their location offers free TV and Internet. despite the free serivce by the retirement place you charge a cancellation fee because FIOS is technically available in that area. My next step will be with the BBB and my son who works for the local TV news station.

It’s tough that you are caught in a contractual gotcha. 

When you purchased initial Fios service you agreed to the early termination fee if you did not fulfill your obligation.

even if you moved to a non Fios area you still could be expected to pay that fee because you entered into a contract.

now that you moved your obligation us not null and void. You are still in a contract and Verizon wants what is theirs on your breaking your agreement.

i am sure your son if he listens impartially will see what is right is right.

verizon did not ask you to move. Verizon did not break the contract. Very doubtful any BBB complaint or even news station will make any difference.

have your son help out by paying off your early termination fee.

its a bummer but it does happen.

0 Likes