Broadband connection daily fail with Verizon Quantum Router.
GConnect
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi, I'm new to the forum and looking for some insight into a newly developed issue with my Verizon Quantum router.

After having Verizon for the past year with no internet outages, starting about a week ago, I began to have troubles. The broadband connection would be dropped every morning between 6-7 am. The white globe would blink on and off and occasionally turn to blinking red. Resets and powering down did not alter this behavior. Eventually, after about two hours, the broadband connection would be re-established and the globe light would shine steady white and the router would be back to normal and internet connectivity restored.

I've looked at the router log files and found a few cryptic entries perhaps related to this problem:

Oct 22 11:28:43 2017cwmpclient err<11> [ERROR] Could not resolve

cpe-ems5002.verizon.com: nodename nor servname provided, or not known

Oct 22 14:27:06 2017 named[3101] err<139> client 127.0.0.1#59264 (www98.verizon.com): view internal-clients: query failed (SERVFAIL) for www98.verizon.com/IN/AAAA at query.c:7837

It seems this problem may be related to renewing the lease daily but I'm not sure. I did chat with Verison customer service yesterday. They reset the router remotely but it went down again this morning and has just come back up in order for me to post this to the forum.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

0 Likes
Re: Broadband connection daily fail with Verizon Quantum Router.
jonjones1
Legend

1-800-VERIZON 

have them first replace the router. Then see if that fixed the issue.

you could also have them reset the ONT to see if that fixed the problem.

and you could get a tech out to check the whole line, ont and pole connections from their offices to your home or apartment.

Insist that it is fixed don’t take a brush off from a customer service rep. Have them get an engineer involved to make sure it is back up and running as it should.