Broke web access to my DVR (from verizon.net) by changing my actiontec router ip
bmwsandman
Enthusiast - Level 3

I changed the subnet on the fios actiontec to 10.0.0.0.

internet access is fine and the STBs work just fine, i just can't manage my DVR from verizon.net now.

I''ve read on this forum that if the fios router isn't on 192.168.1.1 then things like this break, i just wasn't sure if there is a workaround

are there port forwarding rules i need to add back? or advanced filters to create?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Broke web access to my DVR (from verizon.net) by changing my actiontec router ip
bmwsandman
Enthusiast - Level 3

I got it working! And my AT router ip address is still 10.0.0.254.

Fios Central works and my Remote DVR iphone app works.

I added the following Port forwarding rule. I Also Enabled the "Enable Automatic Cleanup of Old Unused UPnP Services" under the Advanced settings

I'm using a Rev C router which is rather older. I would bet this will work on later models.

MY DVR is getting a dynamic address 10.0.0.100 (which is expected). I didn't have to set it up as for static dhcp.

As I mentioned above, i did all this because i wanted to combine the fios router/subnet with my existing subnet. Now everything is working on the 10.0.0.0 subnet

good bye 192.168.1.1 you are no longer needed.

View solution in original post

Re: Broke web access to my DVR (from verizon.net) by changing my actiontec router ip
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

While you are waiting for someone to reply and tell you how to fix it using the new LAN IP Settings, I have to ask..

Why did you change the LAN IP of the router?

Thanks.

0 Likes
i_ate_the_tacos
Enthusiast - Level 2

the stbs are designed to pull an ip in the 192.168.1.100 range   you need to change the private ip back

0 Likes
bmwsandman
Enthusiast - Level 3

I changed the AT router address to put it on my existing subnet that already has another internet connection

the STB pulls an 10.0.0.100 from the AT router just fine. and even recognizes the correct gateway address. If i run the Diags on the STB everything seems fine.

I think its all the Remote DVR software that is tied to the 192.168.1.0. subnet, not the STB. Although i don't understand why they would hardcode a router ip address into the sw.

I was hoping to just add a few port forwarding rules to the AT router as opposed to readdressing my existing subnet

that said, if i just ignore the Remote DVR web capabilities, everything is fine.

0 Likes
bmwsandman
Enthusiast - Level 3

I got it working! And my AT router ip address is still 10.0.0.254.

Fios Central works and my Remote DVR iphone app works.

I added the following Port forwarding rule. I Also Enabled the "Enable Automatic Cleanup of Old Unused UPnP Services" under the Advanced settings

I'm using a Rev C router which is rather older. I would bet this will work on later models.

MY DVR is getting a dynamic address 10.0.0.100 (which is expected). I didn't have to set it up as for static dhcp.

As I mentioned above, i did all this because i wanted to combine the fios router/subnet with my existing subnet. Now everything is working on the 10.0.0.0 subnet

good bye 192.168.1.1 you are no longer needed.