Buffering 100 Mbps Internet only 2.4 Mhz Actiontec Router
JNGarrett
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is new service February 1st. Experiencing a lot of buffering streaming local television station. Experimenting with YouTube and Netflix but it is a pretty substantial problem various times obviously the evening. Is it the router? Thank you.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Buffering 100 Mbps Internet only 2.4 Mhz Actiontec Router
jonjones1
Legend

@JNGarrett wrote:

This is new service February 1st. Experiencing a lot of buffering streaming local television station. Experimenting with YouTube and Netflix but it is a pretty substantial problem various times obviously the evening. Is it the router? Thank you.

1-800-VERIZON 

have them do some troubleshooting first, then if bad router they will send you another.

Sorry I just noticed you said Actiontec.

They they may send you a new Quantum router. Which has 5 Ghz issues at present.

JNGarrett
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you. It is an owned router I wanted to try and figure out if that was more than likely the issue though when I do a search for buffering with my speed there are 10,000 hits so obviously there is a very known issue in general. Thank you for your Swift response. They won't troubleshoot because it is not their router.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@JNGarrett wrote:

Thank you. It is an owned router I wanted to try and figure out if that was more than likely the issue though when I do a search for buffering with my speed there are 10,000 hits so obviously there is a very known issue in general. Thank you for your Swift response. They won't troubleshoot because it is not their router.

But of course they won’t. They cannot support the routers they use now. My lord throw in a Netgear, a linksys, or Asus etc. and you would never get on the internet. 😀

look at what’s happening now with the Quantum.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try a wired connection to the router if you're relying on wireless, and see if that improves the situation. If it does, you can try to adjust the channel on your router to see what sort of improvements can come, but you may end up having to get something with 5Ghz support since most 2.4Ghz devices won't achieve anywhere near your full 100Mbps service wirelessly.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

What model rotuer do you have?

Only the Quantum router supports 5G

0 Likes