Business DSL Problem - E-Mail Refuses POP Login (All Settings Correct; Webmail Works)
guptasa1

Hey all,

I've got quite the puzzler.  I've spent over 4 hours troubleshooting this problem (and I'm a computer repair/virus removal guy), 2 of which were with a Verizon tech on the line and also remotely accessing the PC.

Earlier this month, POP e-mail (through Outlook, but it doesn't matter what program) just stopped working.  Webmail access works fine, and we tried resetting the password multiple times.  Normally, one would argue this is a settings issue, but after verifying settings MULTIPLE times and the proper ports, the issue persists.  Additionally, if I use the same exact configuration but put in a family member's Verizon credentials, it works perfectly.  But with the proper credentials for this account that work fine through Webmail, it's always the same - the authentication rejects the login with an incorrect username or password.

We've tried multiple password resets with the same issue.

I have no idea what else to do.  Verizon was supposed to call back today from the next tier of tech support, but they never called.  

As far as I can tell, it MUST be a problem on their end.  We've ruled out any issue with the mail program (multiple were tried), firewall (it connects to server but rejects login; also another verizon account login works fine with the exact same profile on the original e-mail program).  All settings are verified correct not just by me, but by Verizon.  Additionally, it worked fine and then just suddenly stopped for no apparent reason.

I've also looked for settings on the webmail portal as well as the account page, similar to something you might find in GMail, that disables POP access, but there doesn't appear to be something like that.  

I've even tried on a different computer in a different location with a different ISP!

This is a business DSL account instead of a personal one, but I'm not sure why that would affect it.  There are aliases and other users on the account (which I don't have credentials for), but there's nothing that sets this apart where it shouldn't be working, and it worked fine for quite some time.

Any ideas at all?  I'm pulling my hair out with this one.  There's no reason, at all, I can find that could be causing it on the client side.  And I have no idea where the issue might be on the Verizon side, nor do they.

Any help appreciated!

0 Likes
Re: Business DSL Problem - E-Mail Refuses POP Login (All Settings Correct; Webmail Works)
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes