CMR Claims Dept bill for Drop wire?
riverview14

I received a bill today for $336.29 from Verizon c/o CMR Claims Dept. for Description Of Damage Drop  Wire. I tried calling the number on the bill but the "Adjuster" has not answered. I figured this pertains to a recent cable repair i had on my property due to their install department burying a fios cable 2" under the ground on a new construction work site.  When the crew was told it would get damaged during the construction as it was barly 2" in the ground they said "just call back to have it fixed. our work order is to bury the cable today".  Now I get a bill for a cable they installed poorly and flat out acknowledged they knew was going to get damaged. Hopefully someone in this forum can help me find a way to contact the right department in Verizon to get this resolved. Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: CMR Claims Dept bill for Drop wire?
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi riverview14,

Claims Management Resources (CMR) is a Verizon authorized vendor that provides invoicing services to recover Verizon’s cost to repair damage done to the Company’s facilities. This includes but is not limited to:
• Buried and Aerial lines
• Poles
• Conduit and vehicles
CMR can handle disputes of claims directly, and works with the local field office that performed the repair. If you wish to dispute a CMR claim, you may contact them by phone at 1-800-321-4158 or by email at bswcomplaint@cmrclaims.com.

Re: CMR Claims Dept bill for Drop wire?
riverview14

I don't understand why i am dealing with a third party vendor.  I am a Verizon customer, Verizon performed inferior work, Verizon had to come back and repair their work and yet i am now getting a bill from a third party! I spoke to Verizon about this when it became an issue and Verizon never mentioned a possible bill. I  was very clear from the time of install that the field work was poor and would be damaged.  Work crew cared less and said to contact Verizon when it got damaged.  Was this done intentionally? Is this a scam to get additional dollars from unsuspecting customers? i am appalled at this behavior and shocked that Verizon would subject its customers to this type of unethical behavior. Why is Verizon now not standing behind their relationship with the customer?

0 Likes