Klukacs

We received a bill from CMR Claims stating we owe Verizon over $400, but three different agents in three different Verizon departments assure me we don't have any account balance. Is this a scam?

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: CMR = scam?
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Klukacs,

Claims Management Resources (CMR) is a Verizon authorized vendor that provides invoicing services to recover Verizon’s cost to repair damage done to the Company’s facilities. This includes but is not limited to:
• Buried and Aerial lines
• Poles
• Conduit and vehicles
CMR can handle disputes of claims directly, and works with the local field office that performed the repair. If you wish to dispute a CMR claim, you may contact them by phone at 1-800-321-4158 or by email at bswcomplaint@cmrclaims.com.

0 Likes
Klukacs

Thank you for your response. Is it "normal" that Verizon would have no record of the balance CMR claims that we owe?

0 Likes
Re: CMR
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

@Klukacs wrote:

Thank you for your response. Is it "normal" that Verizon would have no record of the balance CMR claims that we owe?

That should not be a cause for concern.  CMR billing is separate.

Aberdeen

I had the same issue.  I called Verizon and they told me not to pay the bill. Go the Better Business Bureau and file a complaint. You will see many complaints there. In fact, the person who answered you is probably a bot from CMR. It is a scam.

0 Likes
Re: CMR
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes