COAX Help/Understanding Needed!
InternetRookie5

I have been trying to get an ethernet connection in my basement, and as it is my parent’s house, they will not allow me to have someone install an ethernet connection through the wall and into the floor below. I recently bought one Actiontec ECB2500C Ethernet Over Coax MoCA Adapter off of Ebay to try and use with an existing coaxial cable in my basement, but after plugging it into the coaxial cable in my wall, it does not seem to working. The power and ethernet lights turn on correctly, but the coaxial light does not turn on at all. Do I need to buy another Actiontec ECB2500C Ethernet Over Coax MoCA Adapter to use together? If I need two, how would I apply them? Am I doing something else wrong? Any help is appreciated.

After posting to a different place on the internet I was advised to come here. I think my setup is already using MoCA to communicate between the ONT, the router and the TV boxes.

I don't know if/how I could add my own MoCA adapters to this setup.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: COAX Help/Understanding Needed!
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Most likely the coax you are connecting to is not connected at the splitter which is probably also in the basement or near the ONT. If you find it look for cabled that are just hanging. You may need to get a bigger splitter if there are no open ports. 

View solution in original post

Re: COAX Help/Understanding Needed!
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Most likely the coax you are connecting to is not connected at the splitter which is probably also in the basement or near the ONT. If you find it look for cabled that are just hanging. You may need to get a bigger splitter if there are no open ports.