Cable Needs to Be Buried
berbest1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had a utility replace a power line in my backyard and severed the Verizon Fios line.  A Verizon tech came the next day a hooked up an above-ground temporary line.  A couple of days later two Verizon contractors came out with Miss Utility, marked the lawn for where they would bury the permanent line, left a coil of wire on top of the box, and left.  That was three weeks ago.  I wanted to mow the lawn so I got hold of a Verizon tech via chat and he said they'd be out the next day.  That was about a week ago.  So, I guess from reading other Verizon customers' messages, I'll be waiting a while for Verizon's service to bury the permanent line.  P.S.  Just around noon I had a thunderstorm roll through and just as it ended my Verizon internet went out.  I don't know if the outage had anything to do with having a temporary line above ground or not.  Any phone numbers or contact information I can use to get someone out here and bury the permanent line?   Obviously the tech I spoke to on chat line didn't result in any urgency to get the work done. Thanks.

Re: Cable Needs to Be Buried
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi berbest1,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger inbox for a message from a Verizon support agent. You can find your inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary and may be delayed at this time. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes
Re: Cable Needs to Be Buried
BluehatHorses
Enthusiast - Level 2

had the same thing with some old wiring hanging in my neighbors yard! It's a low priority item and he has to report it, but it's been months!

0 Likes