Cable cut at the telephone line
EHUnlucky7x9

Hello, 

This morning my internet was working fine up until I heard a loud truck drive away. The internet stopped working. My ONT and Verizon router showed red lights. Rebooted everything. Used chat on Verizon.com says my internet is fine. I checked the telephone pole connection to my house and the Verizon Fios wire has been cut at the pole. Moreover, the wire that goes across the street was left cut and on the ground across the road still connected to the other telephone pole. I looked at the wires on my side and it its clean cuts and wasn't the wind. I've been trying to contact verizon to no avail on the phone and via chat (who keeps insisting the connection is ok).

0 Likes
Re: Cable cut at the telephone line
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Welcome to the forums.  You're talking mostly to customers here.

Hopefully a moderator will escalate your issue to Verizon social media support.  If you don't want to wait to see if that happens, Tweet them @Verizonsupport or pop over to https://www.dslreports.com/forum/vzdirect, create an account and post your request.  Both methods reach the same team.  Both methods will result in Verizon opening a private support chat with you to review the details of your issue.

0 Likes
Re: Cable cut at the telephone line
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi EHUnlucky7x9,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary and may be delayed at this time. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes