Can I Use a Quantum Router as a Bridge with the CR1000A Router?
ChrisK9999

So if I have a couple of MOCA extenders and those are sufficient, can I use the Quantum Router as a bridge, and plug it’s WAN port into one of the CR1000A LAN ports? That is, I can get 2.5GB on one lan port to run to my office, and then 1gb on the other port going to the 2 MoCa WiFi extenders?

actually, the official product sheet says there is a coax lab connector anyway. 

https://www.verizon.com/supportresources/content/dam/verizon/support/consumer/documents/internet/ver...

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can I Use a Quantum Router as a Bridge with the CR1000A Router?
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Forwarded from private message:

The way you described G1100 connection is not a bridge, it is called a double NAT, which adds latency, CPU load, and CR1000A LAN could not access G1100 LAN.

Secondly, G1100's bridge mode in the GUI is faulty, and no fix will be done.

To use G1100 as a link device, you can follow my the bridging guide on the right of the Forums home page. Coax or Ethernet uplink is fine. Coax uplink restricts downlink on G1100 to be 500Mbps. Ethernet uplink is only 1G.

View solution in original post

Re: Can I Use a Quantum Router as a Bridge with the CR1000A Router?
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Forwarded from private message:

The way you described G1100 connection is not a bridge, it is called a double NAT, which adds latency, CPU load, and CR1000A LAN could not access G1100 LAN.

Secondly, G1100's bridge mode in the GUI is faulty, and no fix will be done.

To use G1100 as a link device, you can follow my the bridging guide on the right of the Forums home page. Coax or Ethernet uplink is fine. Coax uplink restricts downlink on G1100 to be 500Mbps. Ethernet uplink is only 1G.