Can I get different Public IP Address' for all my devices?
ElRocko4

I am using the actiontec router and notice that all my devices have teh same public IP address.  I use OpenDNS to monitor my kids activity but it groups all the devices to the same public IP address.  Is there a way to have each device have its own IP public IP address?  

0 Likes
Re: Can I get different Public IP Address' for all my devices?
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

The only way to do this is to pay for business FiOS service and then buy a block of static IPs. Your devices can then be statically assigned IP addresses. Even if Verizon ends up rolling out IPv6 at any time, OpenDNS doesn't yet fully support IPv6 (a bit unfortunate if you ask me).

What might work is to default all of your devices to OpenDNS. For devices you don't want monitored, change the DNS to something like Google DNS, or just use Verizon's DNS resolvers. 

Re: Can I get different Public IP Address' for all my devices?
ElRocko4

Thank-you for the response.  I currently have it setup for OpenDNS to be used at the router level.  I guess I could try it individually.  I am surprised you can't use the MAC address to filter the addresses.  The Fios Router itself can do that but it just gives you traffic, not the sites. 

0 Likes