Can I use a wire that was hooked up into a FIOS box and hook it up to my fios router?
ldmariodl28

Can I use a wire that was hooked up into a FIOS box and hook it up to my fios router?

Pretty straight forward question. We are moving around rooms so im curious if a FIOS coax that I was plugging into my FIOS box can also be used for my FIOS router.

Thanks

Lou

0 Likes
Re: Can I use a wire that was hooked up into a FIOS box and hook it up to my fios router?
SuperSnoop
Enthusiast - Level 2

Be careful as "usually" the the router plugs into the 1st connector. Also, in my home they do use varying splitters depending on the device. Google "where do I connect my FIOS Router inside the the main connection.

Re: Can I use a wire that was hooked up into a FIOS box and hook it up to my fios router?
jonjones1
Legend

@ldmariodl28 wrote:

Pretty straight forward question. We are moving around rooms so im curious if a FIOS coax that I was plugging into my FIOS box can also be used for my FIOS router.

Thanks

Lou

You have a issue in that if the service you have was provisioned for ethernet instead of coaxial you would first need to call 1-800-VERIZON and have them switch to ethernet. It was usual that Verizon placed ethernet connection for speeds above 100/100 if I remember.

now they use ethernet for all new installs.

The ethernet coming from the ONT would have been placed into your home if that is how you receive your internet. Into the WAN port (yellow) and the router then has 4 LAN ports to hook your devices into.

0 Likes