Can someone please look at this log entry and help me down off the ledge?
stacym1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have several security log entries that look like this:

SourceURL:file://localhost/Users/mom/Downloads/firewall.csv

This freaks me out because who is "Unknown"?  I did not change the security settings on my router at the times that these entries are showing up.  There are several, only showing up in the past couple of weeks, maybe month or so.   Please help me understand!

2/25/14 15:04Firewall SetupConfiguration change

WBM user Unknown (0.0.0.0) has changed security settings [repeated 2 times, last time on Feb 25 15:04:01 2014]  

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can someone please look at this log entry and help me down off the ledge?
Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

Those entries show up when you change settings in the router.  Only a concern if the IP address (0.0.0.0) is non-zero.  Zero indicates it's local. 

View solution in original post

Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

Those entries show up when you change settings in the router.  Only a concern if the IP address (0.0.0.0) is non-zero.  Zero indicates it's local. 

stacym1
Enthusiast - Level 1
Thank you, Anti-phish. Embarrassingly, after I posted my question I found that many others had asked the same question and the answer is the one that you gave. So, thank you for your tolerance with my not looking first before posting the question. I've seen many instances on forums where someone answers the questioner with a variation of "If you would have searched a little bit, you would not have wasted everyone's time." Meanies. Lol.
0 Likes
jmcgin511

What if you haven't made any changes to your router?  What else could be generating this message?

Thanks.

0 Likes