Can't connect smartphone/ipod/ipad after new install of HSI
dmaldridge

I today installed my new D-Link modem for high speed internet.  I was able to connect successfully two dell laptops but am not able to connect an iPod Touch 5, iPhone 4S and a first generation iPad to the WiFi network,  For each device I get the 'unable to join the network' message. 

Now the iPhone 4S and the first generation iPad have 3G capabilities so I can connect through 3G if I need to, but the iPod 5 only has WiFi capabilities and I have NO connection at all.

I can see the new network I set up today when I am in the WiFi settings with the WiFi setting 'on'.

I choose the Network, enter the password and get the 'unable..' message.  I have reset all the devices, reset network settings, etc and nothing. I even have toggled the "ask to join networks' button off and on. Shouldn't these devices join automatically?  What am I missing or doing wrong? The lastest softward update on the iPad is iOS 5.1.1 and for the iPod Touch 5 and iPhone 4S is iOS 6.0.

0 Likes
Re: Can't connect smartphone/ipod/ipad after new install of HSI
Trish515

I had the same problem connecting 2 of our ipads. After probably the 15th time of typing in our wifi password it magically connected.  I did disconnect two iphones from wifi before it "magically" connected, which leads me to wonder if there may be a device limit.  I have not been able to find any info on device limits.  Seems crazy to have limits seeing how many devices families have these days-ours alone has 7 wireless devices.  Good luck!  I wish I had a better answer.

0 Likes
Re: Can't connect smartphone/ipod/ipad after new install of HSI
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is the D-Link using a WPA/WPA2 mixed mode setup? You may want to limit it to use WPA2 only if that's the case. If you log into the D-Link at http://192.168.1.1/ it should give you some information on that.

0 Likes